The NHS Five Year Forward View (2014) calls for new models of care with protection and prevention a key focus.
Adequate skin care is regarded as a major strategy for maintaining the skin barrier, skin integrity and health. (1-3)
Total Barrier Protection is a moisture damage treatment strategy that prevents, protects, repairs and restores skin integrity, improving patient care whilst driving efficiency savings.
All healthcare professionals have a duty to assess, maintain and restore skin integrity as part of their daily contact with patients. Poor management of vulnerable skin can cause multiple problems for both the patient and the healthcare professional.
The Total Barrier Protection™ (TBP) strategy ensures the right patient, receives the right skin care treatment, at the right time. Repairing and restoring skin integrity whilst also ensuring protection against factors that may damage vulnerable skin, preventing further trauma to patients.
The TBP strategy has been designed to:
1. To ensure the patient receives the right skin care treatment at the right time
- improving patient care
- reducing product wastage
- driving efficiency savings
2. As an easy to implement strategy
3. Be rolled out with full company support & education materials
Medicareplus International’s Skin Care Range provides Total Barrier Protection.
Want to learn more about Total Barrier Protection?
If you are interested in learning more about Total Barrier Protection and how the strategy can help you protect skin integrity whilst positively impacting your healthcare budget or if you’d like to share your Total Barrier Protection story with us please fill in your details below and we’ll be in touch.
Protect Your Patients
Explore the strategy that prevents, protects, repairs and restores skin integrity whilst helping to drive efficiency savings.
Irritants threaten skin integrity. Meet the skin care heroes fighting for your patient's and your budgets.
Got a TBP story to share?
Have you experienced Total Barrier Protection in practice? We’d love to hear and share your success stories.
- Loden M. Effect of moisturizers on epidermal barrier function. Clin Dermatol 2012; 30:286–96.
- Del Rosso JQ, Levin J. Clinical relevance of maintaining the structural and functional integrity of the stratum corneum: why is it important to you? J Drugs Dermatol 2011; 10:s5–12.
- Kerscher M, Williams S, Dubertret L. Cosmetic dermatology and skin care. Eur J Dermatol 2007; 17:180–2.